Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Location

Perth, Western Australia

When planning my initial ideas I am starting with my location as in March I am going on a 3 week trip to Perth in Western Australia for a family holiday and I feel that if I film there I can use my location to my advantage as in most films they use exotic locations to grab their users and they use it in a variety of different genres, for example ‘The other woman’ uses the Bahamas for their plot line towards the end of the film (Romance, Comedy),  ‘Jaws’ is another which uses exotic locations for their plot, they use Long island, in New York and as most know Jaws is a Horror. So it just shows you can have any location and use it to your advantage, so I feel that I will be at an advantage if I get all my filming done in Australia and put all my ideas together.  

Perth is one of the most beautiful countries because of the natural landscape and how enjoyable life is there but you could also use that as an oxymoron because I could use the amazing, calm location but compose a horror story so it isn't expected by the viewers.


As you can see this is a picture I got off Google images from the Perth coastline looking out onto the ocean and because the area is so clear you can see the town on the other side of the coat, this location is 10 km from where I am staying so depending what genre I use I could open with  pan of the scenery to show details of the location. Most films open with showing either the scenery or the character; one example is 'Wild Child' this is a teen film which opens with a scan of the main characters bedroom and house where the first 7 minutes of the film is based. 
It can be seen as risky me filming in Australia as if i get a shot wrong or it doesn't work then I don't have the opportunity to go back and re-film or change the angle slightly, so I will have to be aware of what i am filming. I have thought about it in detail and I will film shots of random activities or sights i see everyday also with scripted scenes and planned, but also unplanned I will just film everything I see then go through what i have filmed every day so i can go back and analyse what I may have to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment